Hope 2008 was a fantastic year for you!
ALL OF YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR!!
I’ve got great hopes for 2009 and I’m planning to party into the night this NYE.. then have a nice big sleep and start the year fresh.
When I take stock this is what I find…
2008 was a mixed but amazing year:
* finished my PhD!! This has to trump everything else!
* travelled to Israel, Istanbul, Barcelona, Budapest and Rotterdam in 2 spurts
* got very ill, went to hospital and had several very tough months
* did some wonderful new research and as part of this flown around Oz and talked to many wonderful quantum physicists
* met heaps of wonderful new people who enrich my life!
* partied quite a bit and had some amazing fun times
* got a new flatmate, my old friend Tamsin
* did heaps of photography, some modelling and writing, blogging of course!
* learnt to let go of some bad things!
* more research and academic writing
* Craig’s sister’s wedding in Thailand + holiday time
* moving to my mum’s gorgeous newly renovated apartment here in Randwick
* looking for a new job
* looking for a girlfriend for that matter!
* more photography yay!
* parties and fun times with gorgeous people who make my world spin around like a shiney kaleidoscopic image
* yoga, writing, games, poly and kink stuff… also want to learn massage! Lots more blogging too!
Would love to see someone else’s list too… you know you can comment, right?
(Picture is the NGC 6357 gas cluster in the Pismis 24… from a list of the most beautiful astronomical photos of the year)